On November 1, 2019, “Architectural scale model of Moscow” pavilion resumes its work after reconstruction.
During the reconstruction, the following work was carried out:
– professional cleaning of the model
– 180-degree spread of the model to improve the visibility of visitors from the balcony;
– actualization of some parts of the model: more than 300 buildings were brought into line with a modern architectural appearance of the capital: landscaping of the Tverskaya Zastava, Triumfalnaya, Borovitskaya. Monuments to Vladimir the Great, Maxim Gorky appeared. «Garden Quarters” apartment complex, as well.
– New squares of the layout are installed and connected to the general highlight system;
– The area increased from 328 square meters to 429 square meters, the number of objects now is 23,000, among them such iconic objects as: Hotel Ukraine, Kievsky Station, Andreyevsky Bridge, Donskoy Monastery, Catherine’s Palace and many others;
– lighting shows were adapted to the new model format;
– New material was added to lectures and guided tours of the model (lectures and guided tours were updated);
– New fences were installed;
– All maintenance systems are tested and ready to operate.
model of Moscow” pavilion was opened on October 3, 2017 on the Lilac Alley of VDNH. In 2 years since the opening, more than half a million people have visited the pavilion -, 608,483 exactly.
VDNKh, Sirenevaya Alley, Pavilion of Moscow City Scale Model
Opening hours: Tuesday–Sunday 10.00 – 20.00
Tel.: +7 (925) 237-3728, +7 (925) 237-3729
Entry is free. All services offered free of charge.